Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Middle-earth Real Estate: Where Would You Call Home?

Real life this last week has made me think that it might be nice to actually live in-game, were it possible.  Have you ever given any thought to what spot in LoTRO's Middle-earth that you would call home, if you could?

Although my main (non-RP) character in game is an elf, the choice for me is easy.  I would blissfully settle down in the Shire.  And, yes, I have a specific place that I think would be my perfect fit in Middle-earth:  Buckland.


Just imagining walking down this path on the way back home (with some fresh baked pies) makes my heart feel light.


Not only is it peaceful and scenic, but Buckland area has everything else that I could want in a Middle-earth hometown.  It isn't as big and bustling as Michel Delving or Breetown, but still has certain necessities like a large open market as well as the entertainment of the Buckland Faire.

 

If you want a nice meal and a pint, The Golden Perch is just across the Brandywine River in Stock; and if you prefer to catch your own breakfast, sunrise over the Brandywine makes a lovely backdrop.


Buckland has all of the typically beautiful scenery that you would expect from the Shire like gorgeous fields of wildflowers crowned by rolling hills, and little, out-of-the-way spots near the water that look perfect for peaceful, drowsy, summers.





Buckland also has something that sets it apart from the rest of the Shire.  It is bordered by the Old Forest and is the only town to have an entrance to it.



This might be a turn-off for some people, but I think that the mysterious beauty of the forest is amazing, even if dangerous to wander about in.  As a writer who flirts with dark fantasy, of course I would also love to be able to start my own tale with, "I live at the edge of the forest."

Where is your ideal bit of Middle-earth real estate?

No comments:

Post a Comment