Wednesday, November 30, 2011

SW:TOR -- The Decision.

After much deliberation (and reading lots of reviews by people who have played to end-game) my husband and I have decided NOT to play TOR at launch.  We feel that there are too many issues -- and potential issues -- with the game and we'd rather wait, watch and read about how the game is doing 3+ months after launch.

The things that contributed to my decision the most are:

- No customizable/movable UI (should be a standard MMO feature by now)

- No combat log!  (This is a basic NECESSITY in an MMO)

- No raid assist panel, or "show target of target!"  (This just pains my end-game/raiding heart)

- The combat seemed more focused on cool animation than skill.

- The worlds seems very narrow/linear without any real capacity for exploration outside of just getting from point A to Point B.

The things I listed above are from my personal experiences.  If I am incorrect (and, for instance, I just couldn't find my combat log) please let me know!  I'd love to hear that this game is better than it currently seems.  And please understand that I liked a lot of what I experienced (read my last blog post) in this game and WANT THIS GAME TO SUCCEED!

I know that games can change a LOT after beta and even in the first months following launch.  This is why I haven't given up hope for TOR and am only saying "not yet" rather than "never."

I hope that Bioware chooses to fix the flaws and add the features/content that will makes this everything we'd been hoping it would be for more than 3 years now.

For now:  reading, watching, waiting and hoping.

1 comment: